Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Tale of the Blueberry Bandits

The weather today was absolutely gorgeous!!  You really couldn't ask for better weather.  This late afternoon Kate and I went on a spontaneous adventure.  At first we were winding our way down route 17 to Rockland for a stroll on the breakwater when Kate suddenly remembered wanting to check out the Sod roof building. 

A quick search on the smart phone and I found the Beech Hill Preserve and mapped us to it!  We found the parking area on the Beech Hill Road easy enough, bug sprayed up and started out.




As it turns out there is a huge commercial organic blueberry farm production going on on the preserve land.  We couldn't help ourselves and we helped ourselves to some of the greatest berries that I have ever partaken in.  




The walk to the old sod roof house presented us with some spectacular views or the surrounding area.








Kate found herself a nice flower to place in her hair and I though with the sun shining on her bright red it look cool!


At the summit is the Beech Nut Hut which in 2003 was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.  The views are phenomenal!!  Even tough Kate looks photo shopped into one of the photos I assure you she was not!!





I even snagged an awesome photo of the sunset.  After we hiked back down, snagged a bunch more blueberries eventually making it back to the car.  I would like to reiterate that those were the best blueberries that I had ever had! 


We trucked over to Moody's for some awesome pie before calling it a night!

This is a solid tune I heard on Bones the other day


Later Readers!

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics and your way with words.

    ReplyDelete