Monday, July 2, 2012

Pisgah

It was a hot weekend that's for sure!  So what better to spend a 90 degree day doing but for a hike up a mountain!!
Mt. Pisgah in Winthrop to be precise!
 

We found the parking area easy enough, after driving by it turning around and doubling back.  There are two trails you can take.  Either the trail through the woods or take the access road that is closed to vehicles.

We decided the access road up and the trail down.  The access road starts off well enough and then just angles up to an extreme degree!  I mean seriously I have never seen a grade like this.  Kate and I, mostly me, were completely blown up and had to stop a few times.  But we made it and it was extremely gratifying!!  The Fire Watch Tower is 60 feet tall and the views were spectacular!






For the walk down we took the trail in the woods and it was sooooo much better then the access road.  The incline/decline of the trail was gradual and not as extreme making it a more pleasurable hike.  It was still hot and we had to contended with some thick mosquito's at times.




We then came across this wicked cool tree!  The way it grew is so unique! I can't recall seeing anything like it before anyplace else.


Kate couldn't resist the urge to climb on the tree!
The total loop is 2 miles and we sweated off a few pounds at the very least!  I couldn't get this song out of my head the entire time walking up and down.  It's a solid track that I just learned about myself!


I spent the evening hanging out with my buddy John.  We watched 21 Jump Street and a bunch of episodes of Master Chef.  It was nice relaxing evening after a tiring morning.

I'm gonna say that's all for now!

Later readers


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment