Wednesday, July 25, 2012

AT EASE DISEASE!! & I Love that Dirty Water

Back in March I bought a 5 pack of Sea Dogs general admission tickets for $20 from a fundraiser at Canaan's school.  Tuesday July 24th was the night that I wanted to go and why might you ask?


That's right for former WWE Champion, Hall of Famer, and real life GI JOE:  Sgt. Slaughter!!




We hit Denny's first for dinner and as it was Tuesday night kids eat free.  Completely unknown when the decision was made to go there.



We got to the game, got parked behind the expo, and sat in the front row of the general admission section on the third base line, my favorite place to sit at Hadlock Field.   You can see everything beautifully and in the front row you get extra leg room and don't have to get up or move when people walk by.







At the second inning they announced that Sgt. Slaughter was signing autographs.  So I went and surveyed the line, it was long, but I figured it wouldn't get much longer.  So I waited 15 minutes and went back down, and sure enough only 4 more people had gotten in line.  In the end I think I only waited in line like 20 minutes.

Just before I got to Slaughter, Mom came down with Canaan so they waited with me.  Then as Slaughter was signing my cards Slugger came over.  So Canaan and I were the only ones to get our picture taken with Sgt. Slaughter and Slugger!!




 When we first got there it was quite humid, but after a very brief rain shower it turned into the perfect night for a ball game!  The Sea Dogs were playing the minor league affiliate for the New York Yankees the Trenton Thunder.  So of course Irving wore his Yankee hat and shirt.










 We saw two home runs by the Sea Dogs, some great plays and the Sea Dogs won.  It was a great night!! 



Later Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment