Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's a Bass-less Falls-less web slinging 4th of July!

Let's start by saying Happy Birthday America "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan style!  U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A, TOUGH GUY!  HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It was a dreary morning, overcast, wet, 40 - 60% chance of rain, but that didn't stop Kate & I from venturing out for a hike in Alan today at the Bass Falls Preserve.



From the trail map it looked like a nice place to go for a hike.  However, it was very wet and it was extremely buggy!!!  I mean for over 3 miles were were in a constant state of arm swinging that would resembled the Phoebe's running style from Friends.  What's that, you're not familiar ok..




In the end it was a great hike that was also a great work out and we agree that has the weather been nicer and we had been dipped in bug spray, or had it been Autumn it would have been more enjoyable.  But I still had a great time!!

The Fishing Cabin

The Sheepscot River

The Sheepscot River
One of the biggest problems that I had with this hike is how inappropriately named the place is!  Bass Falls Preserve..I saw no bass and there is no falls!!  Unless you count the numerous times I almost slipped and fell there was no falls to be seen anywhere!!

After hanging out at Johns for a bit watching some Firefly Marathon, talk about a fantastic show!  John, Ju and I headed out for a spectacular evening!

First stop was meeting Jere & Nancy at Texas Roadhouse for some Wild West Wednesday action!  A big disappointing that Texas Roadhouse is inconsistent with there deals based on chain.  In Augusta the deal is and 11oz Sirloin with 2 sides for $10.49, in Scarborough its and 8oz with 2 sides for $8.99.  At the end of the day though, my steak was amazing!

Next we hit the Saco Cinemagic IMAX for The Amazing Spiderman!!  It was, in a word, Amazing!!
I found my self watching the flick and thinking just how much better this was then Sam Raimi's Spiderman flicks, for many reasons.  It pains me to say it because I am a lifelong Raimi fan!  Everyone should definitely check it out.  Great action, great effects, great story!!  I can't say enough good about it!

It was a great way to spend the 4th of July!

Later Readers

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment