Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ocean Adventures

It was an outstanding day to say the least!  Mom, Irving and I met Jason, Jillian & their boys in Boothbay Harbor at Pier 8 for some mackerel fishing!


We were fishing with Balmy Day Cruises and our boat was the Miss Boothbay.  Along with Irving, Jason, Bailey & myself were about a dozen other people that we didn't know.






We headed out at 1230 for our 2 hour trip.  After about 15 minutes then engines were cut and drifted in the water jigging for Mackerel.  They use no bait just a weighted hook that apparently works extremely well!











Jason, Bailey & I all easily caught over 40 fish each while Irving did well himself, but he wasn't putting in the effort like the rest of us.

At first the fish weren't biting, then suddenly everyone was pulling them in left and right.  After a while the boat was moved to another location for even more successful fishing!  A seal was even spotted.  There was some great sites along the way including Burnt Island Lighthouse and a really cool looking tree!



After about 1 hour 45 minutes we reeled in and headed for shore.  It truly was a great time!!  Mom, Irving and I ate a late lunch/early dinner at the Sea Basket in Wiscasset then headed home.  Mom told Jason that she would watch the boys so they could go out.  So I decided that I needed to go out.  

My best friend John was busy with his game night so I turned to my trusty friend Kate who originally was unavailable, but then things changed and she was free.

I really wanted to go to Moody's Diner for some walnut pie!!  The drive over was nice as the weather was gorgeous as it has been all week!  We headed towards Pemaquid, where we going to go after having awesome pie to find another location to eat.  

On Route 1 in Damariscotta we discovered The Mediterranean Kitchen, it's a Pizza, Gyro, sandwich and more place.  We both got salads, Greek for Kate and Grilled Chicken for me.  The chicken was phenomenal!!  I had feta cheese all over!! We bought baklava on the way out, I've never had it, holy shit is it good!

Then we headed down to Pemaquid Point Lighthouse.  It was so beautiful, weather was awesome, the views were awesome, I got some great shots of Pemaquid!



When we got there the light was off, but it came on before we left which made the pictures even better!  Kate had never been to Fort William Henry so we headed over there next.



Finally we stopped at Pemaquid Beach.  The gate was closed so we walked in.  The sand was soft and water was not to bad at all.  I took of my sneakers and socks and we walked along the shore for a while.  It was a wicked nice night!

It was a fun filled day and I'm going to close this blog out with a kick ass song that we heard on the way back Florence & The Machine:  No Light, No Light 



Later Readers

Mike


don't for get to check out the new Jenna Marlbes vlog!

2 comments: