Monday, June 25, 2012

Joyeux Anniversaire à Moi!

And it was a great birthday indeed! 

My buddy John and I have a tradition of spending a day together on or around our birthdays and treating the other one!  Today we went to Portland and had Five Guys.  The burgers were great, but the fires were meh, which was disappointing as the last time I went there they were awesome!!



After we walked the near 1 mile to Coast City Comics so I could get my pinball on!!  I love me some pinball!  Played three machines, won a few games...good times!!



Next we walked back to the vehicle and grabbed and Ice Cream on the way at the Mount Desert Island Ice Cream Company.  I got Cereal Milk, which is fantastic, and John got Hot Chili Chocolate. 

We then came across East End Cupcake which was apparently on Food Networks Cupcake Wars.


As it is my Birthday we decided we need a cake of some kind so we hooked ourselves up.  I got the Vanilla Cake with the Vanilla Buttercream frosting and John got the Chocolate Cake with Salted Carmel frosting.  They were both fantastic! 

We headed North with a quick stop at Trader Joe's for their own 24 month aged cheddar

We then hit Regal Cinemas in Augusta for the 4:40 screening of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.  It was decent, a solid B rating from me.  Great action scenes, good story, but some not so great CGI effects. 

All in all it was a fantastic day and I can't thank John enough!!!

Later readers

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment