Wednesday, June 20, 2012

If it was only that easy Manfred Mann!

Today I wasn't going to leave the house at all.  But then I had to scan an application to e-mail so I had to go to Johns for that, then Kate texted and asked if I wanted to go for a hike.  I'm glad things worked out the way it did!!

Got my application, resume, & cover letter e-mail off the Delta Ambulance who is looking for a part time EMD, that would be perfect as I need to do something until I get full time, hopefully at DPS.

Thanks to Capital Walks we hit three trails today in the Gardiner Area totaling about 5 miles of hiking.  Even though I took quite the slow motion fall onto a giant rock (the ground just gave out underneath my right foot) and finding a tick on me, it was a great day.

First up was the Cobbessee Stream Conservation area running along side Cobbessee Stream near the two dams.  Nice little walk with tremendous views.






Then we hit the Gardiner Waterfront Trail that runs from the front street parking lot into the woods along the Kennebec River.  There are few benches on the way and the trail is maintained very well.



 Lastly we it the Old Narrow Gauge Railroad Trail in Randolph that starts by IGA travels into the woods crossing route 226 and continuing into the woods.  Great trail, well maintained and a very peaceful walk.





It was on this trail that for the second time in three day we busted out into random song, I guess random on Sunday not so random today.

Here is that great Manfred Mann tune Do Wah Diddy!

Canaan had Karate tonight, he now had all 6 black stripes on his belt so next week he can test for his next level belt! I'm positive he will get it.

Finished the evening watching the original Alien flick with John.  Sad as this is to admit, neither one of us had ever seen it before.  We both have seen parts 2, 3, & 4 numerous times but never this first.  Gotta say, we picked on the cheesy technology, the the flick over all stands up 33 year later.  It's pretty awesome!  Glad we finally saw it.

Streaming Bones on netflix while typing this.   Have a feeling that, that is all I'll be streaming over the next few weeks as it's an awesome show and I have over 100 episodes to go!

Later readers!

Mike

2 comments: