Monday, June 18, 2012

Clean Slate

So it's been  a very long time since I posted anything on this blog, and I truly can't believe that it's get any traffic at all but according to the stats I had six (6) page views yesterday alone.

I've decided to start posting here again because mainly I need some sort of hobby to help occupy my time as I seem to have plenty of it now a days.

So much has happened in the last year but to bring everyone up to speed in a quick and efficiently I can sum it up in a few quick statements:

I got divorced
I quit my job

Okay so two statements sums up the majority.  I've tried dating and to be honest, it doesn't seem to be working out for me very well, and I really don't care to try anymore at this time.  Tomorrow I'm dropping off an application to hopefully go work for DPS at the Regional Communications Center in Augusta.   

Went with a friend to Rockland Breakwater and Owls Head Lighthouse today.  They both were open for the public to tour.  I had been to the Breakwater before but not Owls Head so that was a lot of fun!  The weather was absolutely beautiful and the ocean air was refreshing.  Capped off the day with dinner and pie at Moody's Diner in Waldoboro.  I have been there in years and it as just as good as it always is! 

Owls Head's Fresnel Lens
 I've taken up going on nature walks and hikes, Viles Arboretum and Hobbit Land in the Vaughan Estate most recently.  I explored a couple websites tonight that have some really great information on some local trails and I look forward to checking them out soon. You should check them both out.
www.healthymainewalks.org/
and
http://capitalwalks.blogspot.com/


Check back tomorrow for another exciting blog!

Mike

What's Streaming on Netflix:
Earlier 
From 1977 Beast with a Gun
Psycho killer Nanni Vitali (a riveting Helmut Berger) busts out of the joint with three henchmen and hunts down cop Giulio Santini (Richard Harrison), the man who put him away. Vitali's brutal revenge also includes raping and kidnapping a beautiful woman (Marisa Mell) in cahoots with the police.

Now
Midnight Movie
Some grind house aficionados become the unwitting stars of an old slasher flick when the film's crazed killer leaps off the screen to hunt them down, drag them back into the movie and kill them.

No comments:

Post a Comment