Monday, September 10, 2012

The Rood's Nuptial Rite

Yesterday was a great day as my friends Patrick Rood and Crystal Chen celebrated their wedding day!

That was all I managed to get typed up Sunday before my son called me and asked me to go play football with him.  How could I say no?

Anyhow, so two days ago a couple good friends of mine tied the knot in a very nice ceremony and reception at the Elks Lodge in Waterville.  I was lucky enough to be the best man and my beautiful little princess was the flower girl.




I was rocking my tuxedo, loving the red on black.  Crys made boutonnieres that featured mostly marvel characters that Rood had seen on Pinterest, his was Captain America, mine Thor.  Rood's dad was Batman, Crys' dad Iron Man, and the ring bearer was Spider-Man.





Addison the beautiful flower girl!  She kept moving closer to the camera so I kept snapping pictures because she was so pretty.  She also had JUST woken up from a nap.


Visiting daddy at the front with the rest of the wedding party.






After the ceremony we went outside for some pictures. I love that Addison made a face while looking so pretty. 






I couldn't help but notice through the course of the evening that the girls spend a lot of time dancing in big groups.

I had a wonderful evening Addison was so pretty and was so well behaved!! We danced a lot, and she didn't want to leave she has such a great time.

The only thing for me that could have made the day better is if my best lady Kate was there.  She was 1100 miles away in Kentucky at a wedding herself.

Here she is with the bride, her friend Meagan.
Next Saturday we will be going to wedding together, another friend of her's, another Meaghan actually. I'm looking forward to it!

Let's get sappy!



Later readers

Mike Labbe

No comments:

Post a Comment