Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Year End Blog 2014 Style

Greetings!

It’s that time, once again, for the year in review. 

All in all 2014 was a good year;
I attended 14 wrestling events including meeting the legendary “Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels and attended the Rhode Island Comic Con with John, Jay, Jonny, Jeremy & Juliana.  I was the only non-J named person in our group to attend.
John and I took in a screening of Return to Nuke ‘Em High Vol 1 at the Nickelodeon in Portland with an appearance by the man himself Lloyd Kaufman!
Kate and I had a weekend getaway to Cape Code and Rhode Island and had a fantastic day trip that took us through the heart of New Hampshire dipping into Vermont.
For our 1st Anniversary we dined at Chick-fil-A and went to the historic Boston Opera House for a phenomenal production of The Phantom of the Opera.
We took our moms to Fenway Park for a Mother’s Day excursion, sadly the Sox lost to the Toronto Blue Jays.
WWE launched the WWE Network….so friggin’ awesome!
I took Kate to the Cumberland County Civic Center for her 3rd Tom Petty Concert, fantastic show!
Emma and Caleb got married.
Kate got Pregnant, it’s a boy!
We moved from Randolph to Gardiner.
Addison – she started Kindergarten, participated in Gardiner Youth Cheering, and is currently take Jazz dance class.  She is very excited to become a big sister.  She has grown up a lot this year but she’s still my little girl.
Canaan – big ole 3rd grader now and still very active in sports playing baseball in the spring, football in the fall, and basketball in the Winter.  Also this year he joined the Boy Scouts and is a Bear Scout.  Canaan is finally at that good age for sports where they play full games with stricter rules and standards.  Baseball was the Minor League where kids only pitch, 3 outs, 3 strikes, and the score counts!  His team swept the playoffs and won the 2014 Gardiner Cal Ripken Minor League Championship.  Football was 3rd grade & 4th grade tackle; he was awesome on defense, not so much on offense.  There was not a championship per say that they played for.  However the participated in the BAYFUL round robin against 3 other teams and won all three of their games.  Basketball is just getting underway, they don’t keep score, but they are much stricter on the rules with active play clocks, and calling all rule violations like double dribble and traveling. 
I’m so very proud of both of the kids!

2014 brought some sadness and loss as well.  My grandfather Bump (Raymond Young) became ill over the summer and rapidly deteriorated passing away in August a month shy of 89 years old.  I will miss Bump and miss playing cribbage with him.  The next month in September saw Grammie Connie leave us.   For a while there it looked as though Grampa Hobart was going to join her, but he seems to be doing much better now.

I had made a few declarations and have been able to keep up with most of them.  The biggest one being I would lose 25 pounds this year.  I’m happy to say with diet, exercise, and the constant support of the family and friends in our Facebook weight loss group I have managed to lose those 25 pounds!
My approach was one of just taking it slow and steady, weighing up every Friday and looking for a 1 pound loss.  I cut my portions, and over all decreased the amount of food I eat.  I feel that for the first time in my life I am approaching weight loss the right way and doing it in a way where the weight is staying off even if I stray for a meal or two.   For the coming year my plan is to continue on the path that I have been on and continue to watch the scale creep down. 

One thing I have really enjoyed this year is the almost weekly movie nights with Jonny watching some of the best and worst horror movies out there, and some of the worst!  The bad titles don’t tend to stick with me, however some of good ones that were new to both of us were; Wolf Cop, As Above So Below, and Tusk has stuck with us and was quite disturbing.  That wasn’t the most disturbing film I watched this year, that was a film called “A Serbian Film” which I won’t even bother to talk about here, if you want to know about it do some research but I wouldn’t bother.
We also caught up on a lot of movies he’d never seen or heard of and vice versa.  Off all the movies in that category though the number 1 flick was me introducing him to “Monster Squad” which is basically his new favorite all time flick!
This year had some great movies in the theaters and I managed to take in a couple with my favorites being; “Captain American: Winter Soldier”, “Guardians of the Galaxy” and “Oculus”. 

2015 looks to be an exciting year ahead with some fantastic movies in Avengers & Star Wars sequels, The Boston Pro Wrestling Marathon, and of course the birth of our son!!

Take care!

Later Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment