Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Better Late Than Never

Wrote this back on April 14th,



So we finally had some spring weather and I think it’s here to stick!  Kate and I, mostly Kate while I was sleeping for the most part got the whole front and side lawn cleaned up from years of sand and leaf build up from before we moved in.  It looks so good now, very visually pleasing.

WrestleMania XXX has come and gone; Paul came over and watched it with me.  It’s always nice to have someone to watch a great event like this with someone, it enhances the experience.  It was definitely one of the best Mania’s in a long time.  Even the pre-show match was a great competitive match.  Brock Lesnar beating Undertaker and ending the streak was so shocking and unexpected.  As a life-long wrestling fan I have read and heard many stories about the night that Ivan Koloff pinned Bruno Sammartino ending Bruno’s over 7 ½ year run as champion at Madison Square Garden.   It’s always been said that you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet as the fans sat in stunned silence.  That is what it was like when Lesnar won.  Paul and I weren’t even really paying attention to the match, because it wasn’t very good, when suddenly we realized it was over.  The audience was dead quiet and everyone seemed to have the same gap mouthed wide eyed expression frozen on their faces.


Daniel Bryan defeated Triple H in the opening contest to advance to the Triple Threat Main Event to defeat Randy Orton and Batista to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship!  Two great matches and such an awesome feel good moment to see Bryan hold both belts to close out the event.

As of late these night shifts has been kicking my rear!  They have been dragging so slowly then my time out of the center just flies by. 

Canaan had baseball tryouts for Gardiner Cal Ripken Minor League.  He was drafted by the Orange Team which is the color he wanted to play on the most.   Practice starts Monday the 14th with games not starting until May I think.  This, I feel, will be the first sports team that he plays on where the games are serious.  Three strikes, three outs, no pitching until the hit it, actual ball play and not just instructional play.  It’ll be exciting!

Sunday morning Kate and I went to Brunswick flea market after I got home from work.  I hadn’t been in a long time and I have been itching to go.  Even though it was raining out it was a good day at the ole flea market.  I grabbed a comic book I’d recently wanted to pick up again and an original Wicked Good Band record featuring the songs “Wicked Good” & “A’yuh (the potato picking song)”.  Kate found a small Pyrex refrigerator dish a the small Pyrex bowl to complete out set for VERY cheap so be bought them too.  We grabbed a whoper burger at Fat Boy drive in before heading home as I needed to get some sleep.

Took a good 50 minute power walk around the neighborhood Friday, the weather was just beautiful.  Looking forward to more good weather and walks!  

Another  blog coming soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment