Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Engagement Blog



The name of the blog really says it all!  On Monday evening I asked my beloved to be my wife and she said yes.  I mean why wouldn’t she say yes, I’m quite the catch!  Ok, ok she is too!  Truth be told I think we are both fortunate to have found each other.

So on Monday I proposed and by end of day Tuesday we had told our parents and posted it on Facebook where she won the “likes” contest, currently she is at 45 likes to my lowly 25 likes.   She also has more comments and more wall posts, thanks “friends”.

We picked a date!  It’s funny because Kate signed up for a contest a couple weeks back for a free wedding gown and it required the wedding date so she arbitrarily picked September 14th, which then turned out to be a Saturday.  So we decided, that day works and boom!  The biggest decision was made.

The planning stages have continued rolling along nicely including ordering the Save the Dates on Wednesday and booking the reception hall on Friday, The Gardiner Sportsmen’s Club. 

Best man (John Spier) and Made of Honor (Erin Gove) are on board, which is the only wedding party that we are having except for Addison as the flower girl and Canaan who insists on being called the ring bearer.  When we told the kids they were very excited.  The only thing that disappointed Canaan was that we were getting married sooner. 

All other aspects are coming along nicely as well! 

In other news, we there really isn’t any so here’s a song



Later readers!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment