Friday, January 25, 2013

Finding My New Routine





I’ve been having a hard time getting into a routine since I went to midnights.  My life and schedule is so hectic with regular hours, overtime hours, trying to sleep, the kids, Kate, and everything & everyone else it’s hard to get into a daily consistent pattern. 

I need to get back to gym and start eating better. When the weather is nice it’s so much easier to go for strolls on the rail trail or hike other places with and without the kids.  There is no reason why, on the days I go in at 11pm, that I can’t go in earlier and work out in the gym at work then take a shower and start my shift.   Kate starts her Zumba class on Monday so I start back at the gym Monday myself. I work 3pm – 11pm that day so after I get out of work I’m going to hit the gym for at least 30 minutes of treadmill and elliptical.  I have a weight loss goal in mind and I’m excited to hit it!

I’m very much looking forward to being able to go on hikes again.  I decided that we need to get good waterproof hiking shoes/boots.  Last one time in particular our feet got soaked terribly and there were several times when we encountered some muddy terrain. 

We’ve decided to get a State Park Pass this year.  It’s good for your vehicle with up to 17 people inside.  It will be nice to have it on my days off with the kids where we can go to the beach, forts, and other State Parks for fun and inexpensive day trips.  Damariscotta Lake State Park is only 18 miles away and just a few trips to any of them the pass will pay for itself.  We also are going to go camping a few times this year when the weather is better.

One place I am determined to finally go to the Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad in Phillips.  I have been on the other three narrow gauge tracks and have tried the last few years to go here, but they are open with such infrequency that it was hard to make it there.  Not this year though! 

Read about a  trio in Entertainment Weekly called The Lone Bellow.  I think they are pretty darn good!



Later Readers!!

1 comment:

  1. Is This The Real Zumba Or The "Other" Type Of Zumba???? Just Kidding Bro. Good Luck. Alex

    ReplyDelete