Monday, July 21, 2014

Vows, Wrestling, & Oregon Bombed in WWII

Back on June 12th I made some declarations of how the rest of the year was going to be and so far I have stuck to them. 

I have not had fast food except as outlined on June 27th
I have dramatically increased my water and decreased my soda intake
I’ve cut out many foods that I shouldn’t be eating like sweets, chips, good stuff
I’ve increased my exercise

This wasn’t all done on the 12th, I mean yes I stopped fast food then, but everything else has been added incrementally so as to wean myself off all the junk I was eating.   It’s been difficult at times, especially during my nights at work when I had gotten into the habit of mindless eating and eating 
out of boredom.


 WWE Network posted the first 3 years Saturday Night Main Event with the remaining episodes to be added later.  When I was a kid I used to go to bed set my alarm for 1125pm so I could wake up and watch it on channel 6 from 1130 – 1am, it was awesome!  I love having WWE Network with all the PPV’s and shows like Clash of the Champions, World Class, ECW, first year of RAW and the Old School WWE Arena shows.  I have had the most fun though, watching these episodes of SNME. 

I was going on a Wikipedia Journey, it’s the same thing as a You Tube Journey just on Wikipedia.  I stumbled across a bit history from WWII that I had never heard of before. 
Back in September of 1942 off the coast of Oregon a Japanese submarine launched a float plane piloted by Nobuo Fujita who, on two occasions, dropped incendiary bombs in an attempt to start fires in the great Pacific Northwest Forests.  Needless to say it didn’t work out.  What’s truly amazing is what happened after the war was over and the relationship Fujita created with the residence of Bookings, Oregon.  It’s worth reading about at these two links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobuo_Fujita

Check out this kick butt band, Hurray for the Riff Raff,



Later Readers

No comments:

Post a Comment