Thursday, June 12, 2014

Almost 35

In just 12 days I am going to be 35 years old.  Damn.

When I turned 30 it wasn’t a big deal to me but for some reason 35 just is.  I’m so happy in life right now, thanks in large part to the kids and Katie.  I’m very lucky to have found her. 
I think the biggest part of my age is there are aspects of my life, goals to accomplish, that I haven’t accomplished. 

 Since high school I have dreamed of getting published and at times have worked hard at doing so.  I would keep saying, there’s time I don’t have to get it done right now.  That being said I realize that I’m not “old” and yes there is “still time” but I’ve been saying it 17 years!  Half my life practically!
That’s just one example, there are other things that I aimed to achieve and haven’t for various reasons that are basically excuses.  

In 2012 I made a list of new things I wanted to experience or attempt and was quite gung ho about it but after trying onions and acupuncture I just stopped.  For those of you that know, I had some free time in 2012, but for some reason just stopped. 

So here is my grand declaration for the world to see and probably only read by a handful:  by the end of this year I will:

Lose 25 pounds

Submit multiple stories for publication

Learn to play at least one song on the Banjo and sing it poorly

Blog more often

I will not eat fast food for the rest of the year…except for Chik-fil-A & possibly Sonic on June 27th because I already promised Kate, or if I find myself at a fast food joint I’ve never eaten at before or In & Out Burger.  Just covering my bases on that one, I don’t want someone to confuse this with a Marshall Eriksen sweeping declaration. 

And that's it, no excuses
 

No comments:

Post a Comment