Sunday, June 30, 2013

Holy Shit I Got Married!!!

I got married! 

That’s right on Kate and I went to the Gardiner City Hall and tied the knot on Thursday June 27, 2013. 

But let’s back it up a bit shall we.  On Wednesday the 26th after Kate got out of work we went to City Hall to pick up our marriage license.  After the clerk gave it to us I made the comment, “now we can get married whenever we want!”  And the Clerk says, “I can do it right now for $25.”  According to Kate it we almost did right then and there.  Apparently the temptation was too much because just 20 short hours later we returned and with the Gardiner Animal Control/Safety Officer Jamie Dacyczyn and Kate’s good friend Meaghan who happened to be nearby, we got married on the side lawn of City Hall.  It was perfect!  With the aid of two cellphones and some mighty fine multi-tasking skills, Meagan was our photographer and videographer all in one!


Our wedding party
 Having a tradition wedding was something that Kate was always on the fence about, she never really wanted one but felt that it was something that we should do because, that’s what you’re supposed to do.  Traditional is not my firebug, not by a long shot! 

We are still going to have our reception on September 14th with the honeymoon to follow.  For the most part, people don’t go to a wedding for the ceremony, they go for the party!  So we’re going to give them the party!

In other news, Canaan is now a brown belt and can break a board with his fist, awesome!


I’ve decided to watch the X-Files all over again from the beginning.   The first season debuted 20 years ago this September, I’m 10 episodes in to the first season, and it still holds up!! Although the technology is quite comical at times.  Now a-days Mulder wouldn’t have to worry about someone ruining his pictures by exposing the film in his camera, he would probably be uploading to his cloud drive whilst he was taking the photos.

Recently watched a solid flick at home entitled, No One Lives, worth watching.  Speaking of worth watching, Man of Steel was phenomenal!!!
 
Can’t believe I forgot to blog this, Kate, Canaan, and I attended the WWE House Show at the Augusta Civic Center June 2nd.  It was Canaan’s 3rd WWE event, Kate’s 1st, and my, well let’s just says it’s a big number.  It wasn’t the best show I’ve ever been too, but it wasn’t the worst.  A couple good matches Canaan really like the Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett match and Cena vs. Ryback in a tables match.  I had to go to work directly after.  I really wish The Shield had been on the card.

I’ve been itching to get another tattoo for a long time.   I wanted to get one when I got my retirement pay out, but it wasn’t to be.  I’ve got a few designs printed up and I pretty much know where I want them.  I’ve been meaning to stop in a couple places and get quotes so I know what I’d been in for cost wise.  I really like Wright Tattoo, but he charges $100 an hour and that includes the set up time.  Obviously I’m not going to go someplace just because it’s cheaper, I know people who have had work done there before and I like it.

At home we watch an excessive amount of Gordon Ramsey watching Kitchen Nightmares, Hell’s Kitchen, and Master Chef.  Canaan loves him some Master Chef.  I like his rampages when he get’s angry at the Chef’s for doing a lousy job.  It’s great!

I guess that’s it for now…check you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment